The largest Contemporary Art Gallery on the Gold Coast, Australia.
Open to the public Tuesdays to Saturdays, 10am – 5pm, (see location) or by private appointment. 19 Karen Contemporary Artspace stages exhibitions showcasing emerging, mid-career & established Australian and International artists. All Solo and Group exhibitions are curated by the Gallery Director.
View our Current & Upcoming Exhibitions page to see what’s being showcased. To receive a personal invitation to future events please join our mailing list by subscribing on our website.
- Extensive stockroom
- Shipping worldwide
- Payment available by Credit Card, PayPal, Direct Deposit (Banking Details available on request), International Money Wire Transfers (Swift code available on request).
- Art Money (interest free loans to buy art) For more information visit www.artmoney.com.au
Private / Corporate / Industry Functions
Forums / Talks
Dinners (self catered)
Small Meetings & Celebrations
- Surround sound
- PA system + av cables
- Microphone (cordless)
- 40 Chairs
- EFTPOS Facilities
- 4 Reverse-cycle A/C
- Basic Kitchenette for cold catering and storage
- Ladies’ toilets and 1 Mens’ toilet.
- 6 Tressels
- 2 leather couch seating
$330 (inc GST) per hour
Minimum 7 hours including bump in and bump out. Cleaning is extra. The Hirer should organize their own event programming, entertainment and catering.
The Gallery Director reserves the right to select events based on the suitability and nature of the function style in accordance to gallery guidelines.
To book your next event at 19 Karen please contact us:
SPACE / FACILITIES
- Total gallery space: 380sq.mtrs
- Stockroom space: 80sq. mtrs.
- Gallery separated into 5 sections
- Additional Stockroom installed for easy perusal
- Professional steel hanging systems
- 38 x lumen adjustable spotlights
- 4 x Reverse-cycle A/C
- 6 x Dry Bar Tables
- 6 x Tressels
- 40 x stackable chairs
- 2 x Ladies toilets 1 x Men’s toilet.
- Front Desk for Sales and Enquiries
- EFTPOS facilities (we take VISA and Mastercard)
- Basic kitchenette with food and beverage utensils and storage for events catering.
- Courtyard and bar
- Built in surround-sound PA system & microphone installed
- TV and DVD player with sound.
- Display pods available for jewellery, mini works & books
- Daylight-filled space
- Most of the sections walls are gyprocked, one entire wall is white bricks.
- Floor is polished concrete.
- Outdoor back area for bar and smoking.
- Easy wheelchair access
- Sufficient public parking
Procedures for submissions
We review submissions via email attachments or websites only. We do not accept walk-in submissions and we do not hire out the gallery for exhibitions..
Email us with your personal website address
Email us with no more than 5 images of your
most current work, sent as email attachments
in JPG format. Attachments should not exceed
1.5 MB in total.
If your work appears both appropriate and timely for us to consider, we will contact you by phone or email.
Due to the high number of submissions, we may only respond to artists we are considering.