The largest Contemporary Art Gallery on the Gold Coast, Australia.
Open to the public Tuesdays to Saturdays, 10am – 5pm, (see location) 19 KAREN stages exhibitions showcasing emerging, mid-career & established Australian and International artists. All Solo and Group exhibitions are curated by the Gallery Director.
19 KAREN provides the following services to Artists:
Large Group / Survey Exhibitions
Curatorial and exhibition advice
One night arts-related events
Weddings Private / Corporate / Industry Functions
Forums / Talks
Dinners (self catered)
Small Meetings & Celebrations
- Surround sound
- PA system + av cables
- Microphone (cordless)
- 40 Chairs
- EFTPOS Facilities
- 4 Reverse-cycle A/C
- Basic Kitchenette for cold catering and storage
- Courtyard/Bar Area for smokers
- Ladies’ toilets and 1 Mens’ toilet.
- 6 Round Dry Bars
- Bar table
- 6 Tressels
- 2 leather couch seating
- Flat Screen TV 42″
$330 (inc GST) per hour
Minimum 5 hours (cleaning extra) The Hirers are to organize their own event programming, entertainment and catering.
The Gallery Director reserves the right to select events based on the suitability and nature of the function style in accordance to gallery guidelines.
To book your next event at 19 KAREN please contact us:
SPACE / FACILITIES
- Total gallery space: 380sq.mtrs
- Stockroom space: 80sq. mtrs.
- Gallery separated into 5 sections
- Additional Stockroom installed for easy perusal
- Professional steel hanging systems
- 38 x lumen adjustable spotlights
- 4 x Reverse-cycle A/C
- 6 x Dry Bar Tables
- 6 x Tressels
- 40 x stackable chairs
- 2 x Ladies toilets 1 x Men’s toilet.
- Front Desk for Sales and Enquiries
- EFTPOS facilities (we take VISA and Mastercard)
- Basic kitchenette with food and beverage utensils and storage for events catering.
- Courtyard and bar
- Built in surround-sound PA system & microphone installed
- TV and DVD player with sound.
- Display pods available for jewellery, mini works & books
- Daylight-filled space
- Most of the sections walls are gyprocked, one entire wall is white bricks.
- Floor is polished concrete.
- Outdoor back area for bar and smoking.
- Easy wheelchair access
- Sufficient public parking
Procedures for viewing portfolios
We review new work through email attachments or websites only. Please do not send slides, portfolios or other correspondence by post. We will not return your posted material. We do not accept walk-in requests to review artists' work.
Email us with your personal website address
Email us with no more than 5 images of your
most current work, sent as email attachments
in JPG format. Attachments should not exceed
1.5 MB in total.
If your work appears both appropriate and timely for us to consider, we will contact you by phone or email.